Trinity Performance Diplomas and Certficates
The Chetham's International Summer School and Festival for Pianists is delighted to welcome Trinity College of Music examiners to the course for the fourth year. A specialist examiner will examine the candidates on the final day of each part - August 23rd and August 29th.
To enter either the advanced certificate or one of the diplomas please read all of the requirements carefully before using the online application form for the summer school HERE
The diploma application form will be emailed to participants after applying to take the exam in the summer school application.
About the exams
The Advanced Certificate is approximately equivalent to Grade 8.
- Duration of pieces for Advanced Certificate should total between 25 and 30 minutes and form a balanced programme.
- Repertoire lists are available online: Piano Solo <http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=1694>, Piano Duet <http://www.trinitycollege.com/resource/?id=5923>, Piano Six Hands <http://www.trinitycollege.com/resource/?id=5924>,
- The rules on repertoire have been designed to give as much flexibility as possible to candidates and teachers. Up to 1/3 of the programme may come from outside these lists, but there is no facility to have the programme approved by Trinity. However, there are guidelines on selecting appropriate repertoire on the Trinity website here<http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=1691>
- Information on the mark scheme and assessment criteria here<http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=1689>.
- Please also note that programme notes should be prepared and that the examiner should be provided with copies of the music; full information is given in the Regulations <http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=1688>.
Associate level: ATCL
The depth of response is equivalent to that achieved on completion of the first year of a full-time undergraduate course at a higher education institution. Duration of pieces for ATCL recital should total between 32 and 38 mins.
Licentiate level: LTCL
The depth of response is equivalent to that achieved on completion of the final year of a full-time undergraduate course at a higher education institution. Duration of pieces for ATCL recital should total between 37 and 43 mins.
Fellowship level: FTCL
The depth of response is equivalent to that achieved on completion of a full-time postgraduate course in music education at a conservatoire or other higher education institution. Duration of pieces for FTCL recital should total between 42 and 48 mins.
- The diploma syllabus <http://www.trinitycollege.com/resource/?id=4001> contains the current repertoire lists for ATCL, LTCL and FTCL (piano: pages 18-25, harpsichord: pages 26-27)
- Candidates who wish to submit their own choice of repertoire to Trinity must do so using this form <http://musicdiplomas.trinitycollege.com/> Please note it can take up to 6 weeks to have the programme approved and up to 20 weeks if Trinity needs to amend it.
Advanced Certificate (solo) - £103.00
Advanced Certificate (duet) - £154.00
ATCL Recital - £240.00
LTCL Recital - £340.00
FTCL Recital - £484.50
These fees are valid until 31 August 2018